Would you agree that bathing, washing your hair, and brushing your teeth routinely are all a part of maintaining a healthy body? All of these things are important to keep your outside healthy (not to mention, looking good).
The same needs to be said for taking care of your body from the inside, yet very few people see it as a necessary practice. There are many people who don’t know what a ‘detox’ is, much less the importance of a detox – especially for losing weight. So let’s take a moment to consider the things that keep the body functioning from day to day that are often ignored.
Think about a detox in this way: You go to get the oil changed in your car, and you tell the mechanic not to worry about changing the oil filter or cleaning out the old oil; just to dump in a couple quarts of new oil and you will be all set. You would never do that because your car wouldn’t run the way it should. The same concept applies to weight loss.
Eating healthy and exercising is great, but not cleaning the toxins and junk from your body will hinder you from reaching optimal body composition. Detoxing provides your body with a number of benefits: it helps support a stronger immune system; it helps keep your digestive system on track and regular; it can increase energy levels; and so much more that, in general, helps you feel better both physically and mentally.
Plus, many people who undergo a detox can lose significant weight in just seven days.
Now, a detox isn’t easy – a weight loss detox means a lot of planning and a whole lot of discipline, since you’ll be going without some of those things you love the most for a couple of days: sugars, snacks, even modern food staples like carbohydrates are a no-no on a weight loss detox.
A great seven-day detox system incorporates a lot of raw fruits and vegetables to help “clean” your taste buds, liver, and GI tract. You can add some lean protein (about three ounces daily of tuna, salmon, chicken, turkey, or tofu is fine) to help fight the hunger. Also, drinking lots of water throughout the day is crucial in helping flush the toxins out of your body.
The main things to avoid during a detox are fat (butter, oil, and mayo, for example), coffee, sugar, alcohol, dairy, and caffeinated beverages. But there are some great ways to help get over your desire for these items. For example, you can replace coffee or caffeine by starting your day with a glass of warm lemon water, which is a natural detoxifier for your gallbladder and can also help satisfy cravings.
Here are a few more tips for making your way through a detox program:
· Mentally prepare yourself by saying that you can do anything for seven days. Try doing it with a friend, coworker, or spouse.
· Prepare by cleaning all the junk food out of your house.
· Eat a lot of food to keep you full. Always have cut-up vegetables on hand. This will help keep you from being tempted to eat unhealthy foods.
· Drink A LOT of water – more than eight (8) glasses of water a day.
· Get creative and experiment with different herbs & spices. Vinegar, mustard & low-sodium soy sauce are great ways to incorporate new flavors with common foods in a detox plan.
· Get plenty of sleep.
· Occupy your time to help take your mind off of food— clean the house, catch up on chores, read a book.
· Do not engage in strenuous workouts. Your body is undergoing a significant change, so you don’t want to overdo it. Try a light walk around the block: it gets your heart rate up without taxing your body.
· Practice positive thinking — you are worth it!
To provide you with more support, TLS Weight Loss Solution offers the TLS Detox Kit, providing you essential supplements to help ease you through the detoxification process, including:
· The NutriClean 7-Day Detoxification System includes selected supplements that can help:
o Cleanse accumulated toxins from your digestive system, colon & liver.
o Help restore good bacteria in to your digestive systems.
o Promote normal, healthy bowel movements.
· Isotonix Multivitamin. When we restrict our diet, we risk not getting all the vitamins and minerals our body needs. Taking our multivitamin can help avoid a nutritional deficiency.
· TLS CORE to help to manage cravings that could potentially interfere with your detox diet.
· Isotonix OPC-3 helps with the cleansing process by combating free radicals that often come from toxins in the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat.
Remember: a weight loss detox can be a difficult task to take on, but the results and benefits achieved make it all worthwhile.
*If you are pregnant, diabetic, or under care of a physician for an ongoing medical condition, you may not be able to participate in a 7 day detox. Before you start a detox diet, you should consult your physician.